Friday, August 30, 2013

Timex Ironman 30 Lap Full


TIMEX® IRONMAN® 30 LAP FULL :: The Timex® Ironman® 30 Lap Full-size Watch gives you 30-lap memory, 100-hour chrono, 99-lap counter, and on-the-fly recall of laps and splits. Alarms, 2 time zones, built-in setting reminders. 200m water resistant. Full-size provides you with large face for easy viewing.

Excellent Sports Watch (5 Stars)

I've had very good experiences with other Ironman watches in the past, so I decided to give this one a shot. I run and go to the gym often, so I needed something that can take a beating.

My first impression was - yes, the crispness of the digits in the photo are spot on. I thought it was perhaps photoshopped. Nope, it's that easy to read and the digits are that black. Plus, the face isn't unnecessarily huge, so there's no threat to have it smack into stuff.

The second thing I noticed is how light it is. I barely even realize it's on my wrist.

I like that indigo lighting turns the numbers green, instead of the background. This makes the numbers stand out more when in semi-to-complete darkness. It also has nightlight mode, which on 3 second press will make any button press trigger the light.

Functionality-wise, you get the standard functions: stopwatch, laps, countdown timer, 3 seperate alarms, 3 time-zones (your current and 2 on button press), and occasions - which you select a pre-set occasion (birthday, appt, bills, etc) along with the date, time and how early you want to be reminded with an alarm.

The one thing about all the features was the ability to turn them off. I love this because if you don't want a timer, you can hide it so it doesn't show up. You can do this to any of the features.

The only bad thing is the learning curve to use any of the advanced features. The instructions that came with the watch never said anything about the 'occasions' feature. I had to look it up online, in another watch's PDF instruction manual on how to use it.

My initial impression is that I'd totally recommend this watch to anyone. However, only time will tell how well the body holds up to rugged daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment